Professional Website Management
Many business owners believe that when their website is finished, they are done. The truth is that having a website is just a part of the equation. A website can’t take care of itself. It doesn’t matter how pretty or technologically advanced it is – the website has to be regularly updated. This issue, however, is that most business owners don’t have the time to update their own websites. A neglected website is one that can become outdated very quickly.
To give you a better idea of how important maintaining a website is, think about your car. Your car has to have its tires rotated, oil changed, and fluids checked occasionally. A business website is very similar because maintenance keeps it functioning properly. Without maintenance, the site becomes less effective, and that translates into a loss of business.
A Solution for Busy Business Owners
Fortunately, business owners can get around the struggle of trying to maintain their websites on their own because there are website management services that can help. With this type of service, the following happens:
- Money is saved because you don’t need an in-house expert performing your website updates for you. Some business owners hire someone to maintain the website or an existing employee must put off other important tasks to update the website. Hiring a website management service eliminates these two costly issues.
- Everything is updated correctly. This is because the members of the management team are experienced and knowledgeable.
- The website looks professional. Website maintenance also involves preserving the professional appearance of the website.
- With 30,000 websites hacked every day, according to Forbes, a professional service will help you keep your website secure.
- If there are technical issues, they can be taken care of easily. For instance, a plugin updated in a WordPress site can crash part of the website. A professional will be able to identify and rectify the problem.
- The user experience improves because the information is up-to-date. The site structure remains user-friendly and intuitive.
- A properly maintained website also achieves better conversions. A comprehensive maintenance plan can involve blog posts, landing pages, and the identification and rectification of SEO errors that could be hurting the site’s rankings.
The Components of a Good Website Maintenance Plan
When a website maintenance plan is established, the exact components are based on the needs of the business. Some of those components include daily, weekly, or monthly maintenance depending on the needs of the business; website backups; bug fixes; blog posts; Google Analytics reporting; information updates as it changes; adding photos; email support and configuration; adding new products to e-commerce sites, creating landing pages, and checking for broken links.
A good maintenance plan can contain all the aforementioned items or just some of them depending on need. Furthermore, this is a service that will be cost-effective because of the time you save, not having to hire someone or tap into your existing manpower, and the revenue gained from an increase in sales. Consumers will also have a much better first impression of your business.